Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Scrapbooking tranquility and peace

I love scrapbooking bigger photos. I do this when I see a photo that I particularly love which makes me happy. In this case it was this picture of a beautiful duck. I took this photo along a local lake that my husband and I walk around, and it looked so beautiful with the surrounding branches and the reflections that I took the picture, later printing it in 8x12, waiting for a story. Here's the page:


I used a story starter and sketch by Simple Scrapper for this. I also picked some products to reflect the story (pun intended): since we were on a walk, I picked travel products, including arrows to show direction; I picked gold accents that reflected much like the photo was of a reflection; and I used a scallop border, sort of like a wave. Here's some details:


So what did I use to scrap this tranquil photo and retain the mood? Here are some of my tips:

  1. Use fairly neutral colors.
  2. Use products from one or two lines that mesh with the theme.
  3. Use embellishments of various textures and sizes and shapes.
  4. Cluster embellishments into one big and one small cluster.
  5. Arrange the clusters to lead the eye through the page.
Thank you again for visiting! Please visit Simple Scrapper and check out all they have to offer this next month, including classes, inspiration, and a monthly magazine.

SaveSave

No comments: